Don Palazzo advises owners and managers of closely-held businesses on the various issues that affect their long term objectives. He works closely with clients in most areas involving a company’s finances and the operation of its business. This often includes strategic positioning, exit planning, business model and revenue generation issues, financings, complex incentive compensation plans and other pathways to successful operations and value creation.
Companies retain Don as specialized counsel for major transactions, including the sale of a business, acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, debt financings, mergers, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, and other core business relationships.
Don works extensively with corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships in connection with agreements and disputes among their shareholders, members and partners, negotiating comprehensive solutions without litigation. When litigation becomes necessary, he works with the firm’s litigation team to aggressively protect the client’s interests.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Represented a national consumer products company specializing in immune support supplements in connection with the sale of its assets to a private equity firm.
- Represented an aerospace manufacturing company in connection with the sale of its assets to a national competitor.
- Represented the co-owner of a snack food packaging and distribution company in the successful buy-out of the other owner through the restructuring of debt and the restructuring of the LLC owning the business’s building.
- Represented a dental laboratory in connection with its strategic acquisition of the assets of a competitor involved in the cosmetic dental industry.
Corporate and Business Law:
- Represented a manufacturing company owned by three shareholders nearing retirement. Created a transition plan to equitably transfer management and ownership to two sons of one shareholder. Negotiated and documented an arrangement enabling the founding shareholders to secure their retirement, while preserving the business’s future.
- After steering a health services company through a complex buy-sell agreement, served as outside general counsel for client for many years. Successfully positioned company for sale and represented it through closing.
- Represented a multi-state service company in the sourcing and funding of a multi-million dollar debt financing in less than three weeks.
- Represented a medical records software company in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of a complex joint venture to expand distribution into related markets.
- Represented a data center and internet services provider in the renegotiation and documentation of supplier contracts with international communications companies.
- Represented an organic food manufacturer and distributor in the structuring of a compensation and quasi-equity ownership plan for its new chief operating officer.
- Represented local and regional accounting firms in the development of a structure for compensation and ownership transition to new generations of leaders.
Our litigators protect what our business clients and transactional attorneys have built together.