Lee Mackay represents private and institutional clients, including investment funds and family trusts, in a broad range of commercial real estate, financing, development, and investment matters. Focused on all aspects of commercial and residential leasing, acquisitions and dispositions, and management of real property, Lee represents both tenants and landlords connected to such properties as multifamily apartments, strip malls, office buildings, and unimproved land located throughout the United States. Lee works with institutional lenders as credit-enhancers and purchasers of taxable and tax-exempt bonds, and he advises developers in real estate-secured and tax-exempt financing transactions.
I help my clients understand legal issues in a way that empowers them to make sound business decisions. I am responsive and clients enjoy interacting with me.
Commercial leasing, acquisitions and dispositions (commercial and residential real property), property management, investment matters
Real estate finance: developers and lenders in real estate-secured financing transactions and tax-exempt financing transactions
Institutional lenders: credit-enhancers and purchasers of both taxable and tax-exempt bonds, including affordable and senior housing bonds
Clients care about protecting the downside exposure and having legal issues explained to them in a way that allows them to make informed decisions.
I strive to meet and exceed my clients’ expectations in every regard. Together with my colleagues and my personal network, I proactively access all available resources to arrive at workable solutions to help clients achieve their goals.
I identify key legal issues and move transactions toward a timely conclusion. My responsiveness, insight, and understanding of my clients’ businesses can help them navigate past potential problems with confidence.
I provide the same services that attorneys with my experience provide downtown or on the West Side, but at a fraction of their rate.
- Represented investment fund and coordinated the purchase and financing of multifamily apartments in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Mississippi, North Carolina, Texas and Virginia.
- Represented investment fund and coordinated the sale of multifamily apartments in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Texas and Virginia.
- Represented family trust in connection with the acquisition of multiple income properties.
- Represent Fortune 500 company in connection with local counsel enforceability opinion letters for more than $2.6 billion of real estate financing.
- Represented owner of mixed-use tower in Orange County, CA in connection with leasing and subleasing all available space.
- Represented private school in connection with a complex lease-to-own transaction for prime commercial property in Los Angeles.
- Represented purchaser/borrower in the acquisition and financing of an $80 million office building in San Diego.
- Represented lender providing credit enhancement and liquidity support in connection with tax-exempt and taxable bond issuance for low income housing projects.
- Represented lender providing credit enhancement and liquidity support in connection with tax-exempt and taxable bond issuance for senior housing projects.
- Represented well-known fitness club in connection with revisions to form membership agreement to comply with state and federal law.
- Represented health-food company in sale of real estate holdings in connection with the sale of the company.
- Represented developer in connection with the documentation and negotiation of a complex multi-party easement facilitating the acquisition of land from a school district.
- Represented company in connection with more than 25 tenant leases of various sizes across the United States.
- Represented furniture wholesaler in connection with documentation and negotiation of showroom and distribution facilities leases in California and North Carolina.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2004
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 2001
- Justice Wiley E. Manuel Scholar, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- Winner, Evan A. Evans National Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition, 2003
- Young Investors Society: Executive Board of Directors, Secretary, 2015 – present
- Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business: Guest lecturer Regarding Commercial Leasing 2018, 2019
- Boy Scouts of America: Volunteer; Scoutmaster, 2007 – 2014; Scoutmaster Key Award, 2012; Scoutmaster Service Award, 2011
Our litigators protect what our business clients and transactional attorneys have built together.